Silent Mail Sound - Turn Your Mail Sound Notification into a Vibrate Notification

Silent Mail Sound is a mod that will turn off your mail notification sound but, will still have your device vibrate when you receive a new email. I’m not really sure why you would need this mod. I guess if you do not want to put your entire iPhone into vibrate mode but, you still want to know when you receive an email without the sound notification…then you might use this mod!

When you install Silent Mail Sound, it is added to WinterBoard where it is then activated/deactivated. In order for the mod to work, your New Mail sound notification (located in your Setting application under Sounds, New Mail) must be turned on. However, once you activate the Silent Mail Sound mod in WinterBoard, it will automatically disable the sound and replace it with vibrate. If you have the New Mail sound notification turned off in your stock Settings application, the Silent Mail Sound mod will not work.

I’m not sure that I can think of a scenario in which this would be used….maybe during a business meeting? But, wouldn’t you have your entire iPhone on vibrate during a business meeting? Let me know in the comments if you can think of a reason for this mod.
You can get this mod via the BigBoss source.


ScreenShots



1 comments for this post

My scenario is that I want to have notifications of emails but when I sleep I don't want to hear the sound. So the vibrate won't wake me up.

Posted on October 3, 2009 at 9:17 AM